Pages

Monday 20 August 2007

Trying to get a life

My boyfriend and I have a small issue: I need to get a life and we need to sort out how much or how little to see eachother. One accomplishment will certainly help the other.

I just spent 32 hours (divided into five shifts) pulling rubbish out of the mud at the Roskilde Festival. My pay was the ticket for next year's festival (worth about £130). In a way, it was great to have a reason to get out of bed early, but also pretty uninspiring to collect rubbish.

I ordered an Ipod, so I could hear music while working, but it hasn't come through the mail untill today... typical!

Now that I'm done working for the festival I can look forward to another two weeks of getting up early with my boyfriend for no reason whatever, then pop right back into bed or vegetate in front of my laptop untill the time where I would usually get up, if I didn't have him.

At least I have my first rehearsal with my amateur choir next monday, I can spend about a day preparing for that.

... but then what!!

I planned to try and find a job as a substitute teacher, and I know realise that while I have been working at the festival, I raised my demands for my future job so much that I'm not likely to find anything. This has caused me to loose my drive for even looking.

This is silly. And also another classic example of how life seems to be one long battle against your own thoughts.

So one of these days, I'm gonna go look, and I'll force myself to take something that matches only some of my wishes. (I'd like to teach less than eight hours a week, I'd like to avoid travelling too far to teach, I'd like to teach the subjects in which I am actually qualified - music and English)

But while I still have loads of time (untill the term starts in two weeks) I can attemt to drown my beloved in kisses and adoration. Unfortunately, he started his PhD today, so I can only do my thing on him after 6 pm... *sigh*

I need to get a life... maybe the Danish equivalent of Tesco has some in the "ready meals" section.

No comments: